Monday, October 12, 2009

Method 3

Right now, I am more cautious or skeptical about cloud computing because it is so new and overwhelming to me. (It brings back those very same feelings from when I first tackled "email" years ago!) However, I see many advantages such as working from anywhere and from a variety of devices, which are becoming more affordable and available every day. Such devices will only continue to be more affordable and available with each passing day. Another advantage that I see is that if libraries allow access a great deal of money can be saved by individuals as well as school districts.

I am cautious because the issues of privacy, trust and some cost factors have not yet been settled. I will need to become more familiar/comfortable with this before I can truly be an advocate. This situation makes me more empathetic with my technology department. Maybe now I can understand why they tend to just "block" new technologies. Things are changing so fast that it's hard to know whether to allow access and thus compromise safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment