Monday, November 23, 2009

#11 The Wide World of Podcasting

There are some really great podcasts out there and you can narrow your search down to things that are so relevant to your interests. I love that! Some things are considered podcasts that I didn't even think of! Youtube, for example. I'm really motivated now to go spend more time with Teachertube, which has been a frequent topic of discussion on a library listserv I subscribe to. I learned that you can access podcasts from a PC, which I totally did not know. There's so much information available electronically that it boggles my mind!

Some concerns I have are that my district would probably be very restrictive with podcasting because of their concern over the safety and privacy of our students. When I wanted to do book trailers with FLIP video camcorders I was highly discouraged.

Another red flag that I saw when I was exploring some of the recommended podcasts on this module was a disclaimer about whether the content of the podcast was appropriate. That scares me!

Also, I did select some podcasts that were no longer available.

No comments:

Post a Comment