Monday, November 23, 2009

#10 This Wiki World

I really liked the video. It was a great description of how wikis work and how helpful and timesaving they can be. It seems simpler and quicker than using email.

When I tried to play around with pbworks wiki I couldn't add or edit anything because I got a message about "stealing the lock." What does that mean? It certainly sounds sinister!

Another concern that I have about wikis is their accuracy. Doesn't give someone the opportunity to post inaccurate or misleading information? In the past I have cautioned students about relying on wikis rather than encyclopedias. Am I mistaken in my thinking?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise, sorry about the message you received when you tried to edit the wiki for this program. I need to look into that. The only thing I can think is that someone else was logged in at the same time as you and was currently editing it? I'll investigate this and make sure that the wiki is still editable by others taking the program. Thanks, Naomi

    ReplyDelete